Sunday, January 1, 2012

Don't ya love it when you've "got mail"??



I wanted to share several things that have come my way recently . . .

One is an adorable little stocking that was hanging on my tree in a place of honor this year --- Barbara over at Cat Patches blog created this cute stocking for her Pay It Forward giftie to me! I love it! The expression on the reindeer is really cute . . . kind of a "but-I-didn't-finish-off-the-eggnog-so-why-are-you-blaming-me" kind of look, don't you think?


I received this scrumptious charm pack of Ruby, and the wonderful Schnibbles pattern, too, from Miki over at Miki's Fabric Creations. Thank you, Miki! I have plans for those!


The wonderful grocery bag came my way from the Green Bag Lady blog. She and her volunteers do a mighty big job of making and distributing fabric bags to replace plastic ones for shopping. You should check it out at her blog! As part of the SewMamaSew giveaway day I received it and also the smaller produce bag that you see there. (Pay no attention to the sleepy kitty on the couch . . . no cats were harmed as a result of this blog post -- he went right back to sleep after the flash sparkles died away.)


Personally, I think shopping for groceries is way more fun with cloth bags to cheer me up, and the little produce bag is a truly inspired idea. I really hate those super-thin bags that you put okra, beans, and corn into, only to have them split and dump your goodies everywhere! I think I will make some more of these, and get rid of that problem all together!

The last lovely that I received is the beautiful Christmas tree ornament from Kelly at Live. Love. Create. blog. I really love the way she used so many different techniques on one project; there's a stamped sentiment, some applique, and then the extra bling puts it right over the top!  This one arrived too late to go on the tree, but you can bet it will be hanging there next Christmas, Kelly! Thanks so much!


Thanks to everyone who made my trips to the mailbox WAY more fun!

Love,

8 comments:

  1. You are a lucky lady with such wonderful treats to start your year. It sure is a generous blogging community. And I also love the picture of the mailboxes...so cute! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely treats! I pray that the Lord richly blesses you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts!!! I love shopping with my cloth bags. I bring them everywhere =D Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you got the package. Have fun with it. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mail too...and yours is soooo wonderful.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stocking.. Thank you for your visit and a Happy New Year to you too :O)
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I'm so glad you like the stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's some fun mail! I always wanted to have a mailbox that sat with a bunch of other mailboxes cause I have this vision of going through all the boxes and "choosing" the mail I want! *snicker*

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)